Thursday, June 4th, 2020:
Hello, Spring Hill Church family! Just a few announcements for you.
Our Pentecost/Re-opening service last Sunday was a true celebration. It was wonderful to see so many of our church family gathered together on -site and to welcome others virtually to our service. Our June 7th on-site services will continue as last week. Proper precautions are being observed out of respect for everyone's safety, peace of mind and comfort:
The service will be live streamed on Face Book and available after the service for later viewing on Face Book and our website.
In-door seating is available in the sanctuary and fellowship hall where there are two large screen TVs for viewing. Masks are requested in in-door areas and are available at the doors if you need one.
There is plenty of seating at the shelter on the hill as well as a big screen TV for viewing. Feel free to bring your own chairs or use available seating. Since the shelter is open air, MASKS ARE OPTIONAL AND NOT REQUIRED.
The service can be heard on the radio station 105.5 FM.
We recognize there were sound and syncing issues with the live stream last week and we believe those will be corrected this week. Please be patient with us as we work though those issues.
We have a called congregational meeting scheduled for June 14th immediately following the service (details on how we will do this being scattered will be forthcoming - stay tuned!)
On the agenda is:
the election of an elder to fulfill and unexpired term,
a vote on the Session's recommendation to construct a balcony in the rear of the church that would allow for additional seating and bring the protection on the "catwalk"up to safety codes. The projected cost is $44-48,000. We do have the funds to complete the project and if approved we may be able to receive favorable discounts as many contractors are seeking work presently. Please contact me if you have questions and I will put you in touch with the right person(s).
We will hold a graduate recognition on June 21st (Father's Day) for those who have completed high school and college. If you are a graduate, please let me know if you are interested in participating.
We will publish the weekly prayer list summary on Saturday before each service until we are able to hand out a bulletin. If you are not on the prayer list and would like to be, please let me know and I will add you. Also, please let me know of changes or deletions to the list.
Thank you for your continued prayers and support! God is on the throne and is in control of His church!
Trusting Him more, Pastor Todd
In Response to Covid-19 Guidelines:
For those coming to SHEPC grounds – your safety and comfort level is a priority and is taken very seriously. Physical distancing, face masks and other precautionary practices should be observed as in other public places. Services at SHEPC will be available for viewing on large screen TVs in the fellowship hall and the picnic shelter.
1. Seating will be available in the sanctuary, in the fellowship hall and in the picnic shelter.
2. Ushers/greeters will be located at the doors (and picnic shelter if needed) to help direct people to available seating. They will be wearing masks. We ask you to fill in from front to back as you enter and exit from back to front as much as possible.
3. On May 26th, the Governor of Virginia made masks and face covering required inside buildings effective May 29th. Masks and hand sanitizer will be available at the doors for anyone needing them. Please wear a mask or face covering as you enter and at least until you exit the buildings.
4. Available seating will be marked off to ensure proper physical distancing. Seating in each area will be about 50% of normal.
5. Since we have the capability of transmitting the audio over the FM radio for a limited distance, an usher will be on the parking lot to direct those wishing to remain in their car to a designated area and remind them the frequency (proposed 105.5 FM) to use on their car radio. A portable FM radio would be even better so the car would not have to be running the whole time.
6. Depending on requirements and safety recommendations, hymns will not be sung together - but prelude, postlude and special music will be performed during worship service.
7. Depending on requirements at the time, Kid’s Corner and Children’s church will not be held.
8. Bulletins, friendship pads, hymnals, and church provided Bibles will not be used depending on requirements at the time – please bring your own Bible to use during the worship service.
9. Offering plates will not be passed but collection plates will be located at the doors in the three areas mentioned above. An offering collection “bucket” will be available as you leave the parking lot if you worship in your car or miss the collection plates in the buildings.
10. Bathrooms will be open but use is discouraged.
11. Water fountains will not be available for use.
12. Kitchen facilities will not be available for use.
13. Nursery will not be available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding of the procedures and guidelines it is necessary we follow for the time being. We hope to return to Sunday School and other programs of the church as the executive order expires and regulations are relaxed.
God bless, The SHEPC Session & Pastor
SPRING HILL ECO
ECO- "A Covenant Order of Evangelical Presbyterians"
WELCOME TO SPRING HILL
Spring Hill ECO Presbyterian Church is a warm fellowship of people gathering to love, worship, and serve God.
Please feel free to look around the website to find out more information. We’d love to have you attend one or more of our upcoming events and worship with us this coming Sunday!
"To all who are weary and need rest,
To all who mourn and need comfort,
To all who are blessed and seek to be a blessing,
To all who are complacent and need disturbing,
To all repentant sinners who need a Savior,
Spring Hill Church opens wide its doors,
And bids you welcome in the Name of Christ"